Legal Conditions for use of this Website
1. Access and use of this site is provided by the Hants & Surrey Border Branch of the RSPCA (“The Branch"). References in these Terms to "we" or "us" or "our" refer to The Branch.
2. The Branch reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted will mean you accept the Terms as modified by the posted changes.
3. Before accessing this site you should obtain permission to do so from the telephone bill payer. Please note that information sent by e-mail is at your own risk as unfortunately security cannot be guaranteed.
4. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of this site.
5. Copyright and trademarks - all material on this site is the copyright of The Branch or third parties. Link to copyright and trademark information.
6. The material on the site is provided for general information only and is not intended as specific advice. If you have any concerns about your pet's health you should always consult your local vet. Whilst we try to ensure that the information in the site is accurate, we can accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the site content. Users who rely on the information in the site do so at their own risk. This site is made available for public viewing solely on the basis that The Branch excludes to the extent lawfully permitted all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of use of this site or reliance upon its contents.
7. We do not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We cannot accept any liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur as a result of you using this site.
8. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to this site or any part of it without prior notice.
9. This site may contain links to other websites. Please read our links policy for information.
11. If any of these Terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within that jurisdiction in which that Term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
12. These Terms and use of this site shall be
governed by English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in
connection with this site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction
of the courts of
Legal - Privacy
This privacy statement covers The Branch's website at: www.rspca-hantsandsurrey.org.uk
The Branch website is the website of the Hants & Surrey Border Branch of Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (registered charity no. 201291)
Where links are provided in this website to other websites, those other websites are not covered by this statement.
The Branch will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and to respect the information privacy of all visitors to its website. The Branch's website, and its agents, use up-to-date security technology features and procedures.
The Branch's website collects personal information from visitors to the site only with the permission of the individual. Where appropriate, information is provided to explain the reason for collecting this data and outlining any other uses which we would like to make of this data. We will provide an opportunity to opt out of any further uses of this information and an explanation of what these uses will be, where relevant.
The Branch's intention is that all data collection is open and obvious to the site visitor.
The padlock symbol is used to alert site visitors to the fact that their information is being collected and will be followed by an explanation of how their information is to be used.
In order to receive a response via this website, or to express an interest in receiving information from us via this website, site visitors are asked to register with us online, by submitting data about themselves. Certain data is mandatory (eg name) and certain data is optional (eg telephone number).
We have special services which we offer to under 18s, so where appropriate we ask for your age. Data on minors is never disclosed to third parties and we do not send fundraising literature to under 18s. We recommend that under 13s obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before sending us their information by entering it on this website.
In order to make an online donation by credit card or direct debit, the site visitor will be directed to a sub-site operated by The Branch's agent, Charity Choice. Where necessary further information about the collection of the data and any further uses to be made of the data will be provided on this sub-site. The site uses encryption and other security features.
The Branch has comprehensive data protection policies. You have a right to know about the personal data The Branch holds about you. You have a right to object to the receipt of direct marketing or campaign information sent to you by The Branch. Please address all enquiries about The Branch's data protection procedures to the Branch contact details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom of Information Act 2000
The Branch does not believe that it has any formal obligation under the Act. It is not a designated public authority. However, the Society fully supports the principle of openness and will endeavour to supply information to enquirers whenever possible.
As a charity relying entirely on voluntary donations, The Branch will have to take into account the purpose of any request for information and the costs involved in providing it for the enquirer.
Legal - Veterinary disclaimer
This website contains general advice on those animal-related matters which, in The Branch's experience, affect animal lovers and pet owners most often.
Unfortunately, it is not possible in the context of the website to take into account individual situations or consider unusual problems or circumstances.
You should seek further advice and assistance from your vet, the RSPCA or other appropriate expert if you are concerned about the welfare of a particular animal.
Whilst we try to ensure that the information in the site is accurate, we can accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the site content. Users who rely on the information in the site do so at their own risk. This site is made available for public viewing solely on the basis that The Branch excludes to the extent lawfully permitted all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of use of this site or reliance upon its contents.
Legal - Links policy
The Branch is committed to working closely with other organisations which share our aims and values and encourages and supports the development of websites which benefit animal welfare.
You are free to link to The Branch pages. However, we would appreciate being informed on any link to our site. If you wish to link from your website to this site you are encouraged to link to the homepage. You may link directly to another page within the site but bear in mind that we accept no obligation to maintain any current page(s) linked to. The linking text should display the website address: www.rspca-hantsandsurrey.org.uk. If the link contains a description please include the following text: RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) and the context of why you are linking to us.
The RSPCA logo may not be used without RSPCA prior written consent.
All requests to use the logo should be addressed to
RSPCA Legal, RSPCA,
The Branch retains the right to withdraw this permission without explanation or notice if in its sole judgment use of such links is excessive or inappropriate. Links made to The Branch website should not infer any endorsement or sponsorship by The Branch of that site or its products or services. A third party must ensure that nothing on its own site describes or could be understood to imply that any part of The Branch site is part of the third party web site. Any page or file must be called with its URL displayed.
The Branch receives many requests from other organisations and individuals to link to their websites which may provide information on The Branch, animal welfare and related issues. Our policy is to consider these websites carefully in the light of the following criteria.
- be directly related to animal welfare or complement our site
- be respectful of the aims of The Branch and the RSPCA to prevent cruelty and promote kindness to animals
- not have a sole purpose of endorsing or selling products to users
- be professionally designed, well presented, and updated appropriately.
The Branch reserves the right to determine which sites it links to. Reciprocal links may not be granted due to the volume of requests and the criteria as stated above.
Using links to other sites
This site may contain links to websites operated by parties other than The Branch. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Links to third party sites are identifiable because clicking on them will display a disclaimer and usually launch new browser windows displaying the third party's web site URLs. When you access any other website by means of a link from this website you should understand that The Branch does not control such websites and is not responsible for their contents. Inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Legal - Copyright and trademarks
a. All material on this site is the copyright of The Branch or third parties. You may view the contents of this site on screen. You are also permitted to print one copy of reasonable extracts from the site for your personal use or private study and to save one copy of such reasonable extracts to your local hard disk for your personal use or private study. Apart from this and other than as authorised in Term (b) below, no part of this site or of any material on it may be reproduced in any form whatsoever without first obtaining the written permission of The Branch or any other copyright holder.
b. Certain pages or sections of this website may be reproduced for teaching or study purposes without obtaining our prior consent. These pages or sections are clearly indicated by a notice on the relevant page or section. This material may only be reproduced as follows:-
You may print and copy the pages for your private study or for teaching purposes in schools, colleges or universities, provided in each case that:-
- copyright and source indications are also printed and copied
- no modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication
- the document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context
- a maximum of 30 copies are made.
c. If you are not sure whether or not any material can be printed or copied without first obtaining our permission please contact us first via this website.
d. No other use of material in the site may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, material may not be incorporated in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form and commercial use or publication of any material on this site is strictly prohibited (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business).
e. If you wish to use any material on the site other than in accordance with Term (b) above please e-mail your request via this website. We regret that, at present, we are unable to supply pictures to private individuals.
f. The RSPCA name and logo and the ANIMAL LIFE and ANIMAL ACTION names and logos are registered trademarks of the RSPCA. The Freedom Food name and logo are certification marks of Freedom Food Limited. Other logos and names used on this site may also be the trademarks of the RSPCA or their respective owners. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners.
All requests to use the
trademarks should be addressed to RSPCA Legal, RSPCA,